Saturday, November 18, 2023

Battle Of Sahagún - French Playthrough: Turn Two

Situation after turn one
My activation dice land 4, 3 and 2. I reroll them as 5, 4 and 1.
My forward cavalry advance two hexes and attack the artillery, their four dice being reduced for attacking from a river hex, and I roll a miserable two 2s and 1.
My other units also advance two hexes.
My aggressive plan of a quick attack looks about to backfire
The AI rolls two 5s and two 4s. One of each is rerolled, but become 4 and 1.
The artillery fire at my forward cavalry, their two dice being increased by one for being next to Lord Paget and by two for firing at short range. They land 6, 4, 3 and two 1s, reducing my unit to two-strength and forcing it back a hex. Lord Paget moves obliquely forward into the trees.
The left-flank British cavalry charge my right-flank cavalry. Their four dice are increased for being next to the commander but decreased for being in a river hex. They get 5, 4 and two 3s. My unit is reduced to two-strength, but does not have to retreat as it is next to General Debelle.
It was by no means as bad a half-turn as I feared

No comments:

Post a Comment