Sunday, January 07, 2024

Battle Of Corunna - British Playthrough: Turn Four

Situation at the end of turn three
My activation dice land 6, 3 and 2. I reroll the 2, but get another 2, and I turn the 6 into a 5.
My forward infantry in area 5 fire at the French artillery, rolling 5, 4 and 1, reducing the French unit to one-strength and sending it back a hex. The other infantry in area 5 advance obliquely right.
Sir John Moore ascends the high ground, and the infantry in area 3 fall back behind my artillery.
I have kept my forces reasonably compact and, more importantly, protected Sir John, whose death would lose me the battle
The AI's four dice are 5, 4, 3 and 1.
The infantry in area 1 roll 1, but cannot advance obliquely right. The cavalry also roll 1, but are not within three hexes of the enemy and so do not move.
The infantry in area 3 also roll 1, but cannot advance obliquely right.
The infantry in area 1 fire at my infantry in Elviña, their two dice being increased for being on higher ground, but decreased because the target is in cover. The dice land 2 and 1.
The French artillery do not have a target, thanks to the plateau effect of high ground, and roll 5, meaning they resume their position on the edge of the hill.
If I can finish off the weakened French left next turn, I will be well-placed to take on the French right

No comments:

Post a Comment