Monday, January 22, 2024

Battle Of Corunna - French Playthrough: Turn Eight

Situation at the end of turn seven
My activation dice land 4, 3 and 2. I reroll the 2, but get another 3.
First I advance my units in area 3.
Then I advance the two-strength infantry in area 4 and fire at the British square, the three dice being decreased for moving. I roll 6 and 5, eliminating the square. The other infantry in area 3 advance into the gap between the two pieces of high land near Coruña.
Sir John Moore, the British commander, is starting to look exposed, despite the cover afforded by Coruña 
The AI's four dice are two 3s and two 1s. One of each is rerolled, becoming 4 and 2.
The infantry in area 2 want to move closer to Sir John, but only one can actually do so.
Likewise only one unit of infantry in area 3 can move closer to the commander, but from there it fires at my furthest-forward infantry. The four dice are decreased for moving, but increased for being next to Sir John, the result being 6, 4, 3 and 2, eliminating my unit.
Sir John remains in Coruña.
The battle is not over, but the odds must favour the British

No comments:

Post a Comment