Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Battle Of Talavera - Allied Playthrough: Turn Four

Situation at the end of turn three
My activation dice are 5 and two 1s. I reroll the 1s, getting 4 and another 1.
I advance the two units in area 4
The infantry in Talavera advance into the adjacent trees and fire at the cavalry ahead of them, the three dice being reduced for moving. I roll two 6s, reducing the French to one-strength. The other area-5 infantry also advance and fire at the same unit under the same conditions, rolling 6 and 3, eliminating the Cavalry.
I am first to eliminate an enemy unit, but I fear the disjointed nature of the British advance will prove costly
The AI's activation dice are 4, 3 and two 1s. A 1 is rerolled, but stays 1.
In area 1 the cavalry roll 2, which has no effect unless an enemy unit is within three hexes. The infantry roll 5, advancing obliquely.
In area 3 the infantry behind the trees fire at my artillery, their three dice being increased thanks to the French commander being beside them, but decreased for firing through trees. They roll 6, 3 and 2, eliminating my impetuous guns. The two-strength infantry fire at the Allied infantry opposite, their three dice being increased thanks to the French commander, and they roll two 6s, 5 and 3, eliminating my unit. The commander remains where he is, supporting three units.
In area 4 the one-strength infantry would normally fire at my infantry in the trees, but their two dice are decreased twice, once for the target being in cover and once because the intervening hex also consists of trees. Instead they roll 3, meaning they move straight down. The three-strength infantry can fire at my men in the trees, their four dice being decreased for the target being in cover and for firing through intervening trees, but increased for having support from the French commander. The result is 6 and two 1s, reducing my unit to two-strength. The artillery fire at my men straight ahead, the three dice being decreased for firing through trees. They roll 4, 3 and 2, forcing my men back a hex.
That was a bad half-turn for the Allied cause

No comments:

Post a Comment