Friday, January 12, 2024

Battle Of Corunna - British Playthrough: Turn Nine

Situation at the end of turn eight
I roll 6, 4 and 3, which, after turning the wildcard 6 into 5, allows me to activate every British unit.
My right-flank infantry fire at Marshal Soult, rolling two 6s and 1, killing the French commander.
My other three-strength infantry fire at the cavalry, the three dice being increased thanks to the presence of Sir John Moore. I roll 5, two 3s and 1, reducing the French unit to two-strength. My infantry in Elviña also fire at the cavalry, the two dice being increased thanks to Sir John, but I roll 3, 2 and 1. Sir John falls back into the trees outside Coruña.
My infantry on the hill also fire at the cavalry, the two dice being increased thanks to being on higher ground, and I roll 4, 3 and 1, forcing the French back into the river. My artillery advance obliquely left.
The French have no hope of killing the British commander in the next turn-and-a-half, and so I declare a British victory

No comments:

Post a Comment