Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Battle Of Corunna - French Playthrough: Turn Three

Situation at the end of turn two
My activation dice land 6, 5 and 3. By changing the wildcard 6 into a 4, I again get to activate my whole army.
My cavalry cross the river, climb onto the high ground by the sea and attack the British square. The six dice are decreased by three for attacking a square, but I roll 6 and two 1s, eliminating the one-strength unit. My infantry in area 5 advance.
I do not want to advance my forward infantry in area 4 into the river hex as that would put them within short range of the British artillery. But the further forward of the two lefthand units in area 4 do advance and fire at the British directly ahead of them. The four dice are reduced for being in a river hex and for moving, and I roll 6 and 3, reducing the enemy unit to two-strength. The other infantry in area 4 advance, and Marshal Soult moves onto the hill to support my artillery, who fire at the British on the ridge directly opposite, the three dice being increased thanks to the commander. I roll 6, 5, 4 and 3, reducing the British unit to one-strength and forcing it off the ridge.
The British left is suffering
The AI gets 5 and three 1s. Two 1s are rerolled, but become 6s. This means only the British infantry on their right flank can be activated.
The forward infantry roll 5, meaning they move obliquely left along the ridge towards the French, but the other unit rolls 4, meaning it pulls back from the trees to the edge of the battlefield.
The British defence has been rather static, with units apparently divided over whether to advance and attack or to slowly withdraw

No comments:

Post a Comment