Thursday, January 25, 2024

Summing Up My French Playthrough Of The Battle Of Corunna

I AM used to scenarios from Mike Lambo's books going down to the last turn, but this really took the biscuit for last-gasp finishes.
My plan of concentrating my troops on one flank was sound in principal, I believe, but I am not so sure I chose the correct flank.
Certainly I got off to what seemed a good start, but crossing the river bogged me down. It is not that the river is a physical obstacle as such, but its effect in reducing attacking powers was significant.
Later my luck in rolling good activation dice deserted me, only to return in the nick of time for turn 10.
By winning both Corunna scenarios I have taken a 7-6 series lead over the AI (includes a scenario played twice).

No comments:

Post a Comment