Friday, January 19, 2024

Battle Of Corunna - French Playthrough: Turn Five

Situation at the end of turn four
My activation dice land 6, 4 and 2. I reroll the 2, but get a second 4. I turn the wildcard 6 into 3.
The three-strength infantry in area 2 advance into the river hex ahead of them and fire at the British cavalry. Their three dice are reduced for moving and for attacking from a river hex, and I roll 1. The other infantry in area 4 also fire at the artillery, their two dice being decreased for being in a river hex, but increased thanks to support from Marshal Soult. I roll 5 and 3, reducing the artillery to one-strength.
I decide to pull the cavalry obliquely back along the high ground to make them a little safer.
Marshal Soult does not move, but supports the infantry in area 3 when it fires at the infantry beside Elviña. The four dice are decreased for attacking from a river, but increased thanks to the commander's support. I roll 4, two 3s and 1, forcing the British onto the ridge. My artillery does not move.
My French started well, but the right-hook has somewhat slowed 
The AI gets two 4s, 3 and 1. One 4 is rerolled, landing 5.
The British artillery fire at the French infantry in their line-of-sight, the two dice being increased by one for being on higher ground and by two for firing at short range. The result is two 5s, two 3s and 2, reducing my unit to one-strength. The infantry in area 3 stay in square, but do not have a target within line-of-sight.
Because it is past turn four, Sir John Moore wants to move nearer to Coruña, which is technically impossible because he is already in a hex adjacent to the town, but I am presuming "nearer" in this case means "into."
Sir John's location in Coruña means he is in cover, but puts him closer to my right-hook

No comments:

Post a Comment