Saturday, January 20, 2024

Battle Of Corunna - French Playthrough: Turn Six

Situation at the end of turn five
My activation dice are 6 and two 1s. I reroll the 1s, but get two 2s.
I turn the wildcard 6 into 4, and then advance Marshal Soult so he is supporting both my one-strength infantry units. The backward unit fires at the British artillery, their two dice being reduced for being in a river hex but increased by the commander's presence. I roll 6 and 4, eliminating the artillery. The other infantry in area 4 advance.
At last French infantry have crossed the river
The AI's dice land 6, 4, 3 and 1. The 6 is rerolled, but becomes another 4.
The infantry in area 3 remain in square, but can fire at my forward infantry, their two dice being increased by one thanks to being next to Sir John Moore, but decreased by one (-1 chosen over -2 on a 50:50 die roll). The dice land 6 and 5, eliminating my unit. Sir John remains in Coruña.
If the right-flank British infantry cross the ridge, it is hard to see how the French infantry can help their cavalry get at Sir John 

No comments:

Post a Comment