Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Seacroft Moor Play-Through: Turn Eight

Situation at the end of turn seven
My five dice give me a 6, two 3s, a 2 and a 1. I reroll the 3s, but get another 3 and a 1.
The attack order goes to the pinned horse, and the other units get move orders.
First I use the forward muskets to make a surprise charge on the nearer Parliamentarian pikes, needing 5+ thanks to support from two units of horse and one of muskets. I roll 8, demoralising the pikes and forcing them to flee to the edge of the battlefield (the Parliamentarian units seem to almost always flee to the edge, but not quite off it, giving Sir Thomas Fairfax a chance to rally them).
My remaining rearmost horse advance two hexes, but leave room for my remaining muskets to move into range of the undemoralised Parliamentarian pikes, which, in a desperate gamble, are charged by my right-flank horse. I need to roll 6+ thanks to support from two units of muskets and one of horse, but get 2.
My other horse charge the right-flank muskets, needing 4+ thanks to support from units of horse and muskets. I roll 5, demoralising the Parliamentarians and forcing them back a hex.
The Parliamentarians are, gradually, being forced back
The AI's left-flank muskets fire at the nearest horse, needing 7+ thanks to support from units of pikes and muskets. They roll 8, which demoralises my unit and forces it to flee three hexes to the first available hex.
The fleeing muskets fail to rally, for a change, and flee the battlefield, and the remaining muskets shoot at my leading horse, needing 8+ thanks to support from pikes. They roll 11, demoralising my men and forcing them further back than the other fleeing horse.
The undemoralised pikes charge my leading muskets, needing 6+ thanks to support from a unit of muskets, and roll 9, demoralising my men and forcing them to flee to the edge of the battlefield.
The fleeing Parliamentarian pikes fail to rally and so flee the battlefield.
After advancing up the map, the Royalists have suddenly fallen back en masse

No comments:

Post a Comment