Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Sourton Down Play-Through: Turn Three

Situation at the end of turn two
My seven dice give me 6, 5, 4, two 2s and two 1s. I cannot reroll the three attack orders as they are different numbers (it is only possible to reroll two or more dice that show the same number).
I allocate two of the move orders to the horse and pikes that are in danger of being charged by pikes or fired at by muskets, and the other two move orders to the pikes and muskets that are in the same column.
So far, so cagey
First blood goes to the Royalists when their lefthand cannon hits my pikes in their line-of-fire, rolling 10, two more than the 8+ required, so forcing the pikes to flee the battlefield.
Two of the musket units advance, as do two the pike units.
The Royalist units are not coordinating their movement - perhaps the shock of being ambushed is having an effect

No comments:

Post a Comment