Monday, March 13, 2023

Seacroft Moor Play-Through: Turn Six

Situation at the end of turn five
My six dice give me a 6, a 4, a 2 and three 1s. I reroll the 1s, hoping for a second 6, but get two 5s and a 3.
Naturally I use the 6 to rally the horse, letting the pikes exit the battlefield.
The further-forward muskets fire at the furthest-forward Parliamentarian muskets, needing 6+ thanks to support from two units of horse. I roll 7, demoralising the enemy unit and forcing it back one hex.
My furthest-left horse charge the next unit of muskets, needing 4+ thanks to support from muskets and horse, but I roll 2.
My other horse also charge the same musketeers, also needing 4+, rolling 8, forcing them off the battlefield.
A half-turn of mixed fortunes, but my leading horse look very vulnerable
The demoralised Parliamentarian muskets rally, and the left-flank muskets shoot at my leading horse, needing 6+ thanks to support from two units of muskets and one of pikes. The roll is 10, sending my cavalry fleeing to the edge of the battlefield.
The remaining muskets fire at the nearest horse, needing 7+ thanks to support from muskets and pikes, but roll 5.
The leading pikes charge this same horse, needing 5+ thanks to support from two units of muskets, but roll 2, and the remaining pikes advance.
I am in serious danger of losing two units of horse next turn as one is about to flee the battlefield and another is pinned by enemy pikes

No comments:

Post a Comment