Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Seacroft Moor Play-Through: Turn Seven

Situation at the end of turn six
My five dice give me a 6, a 5, two 3s and a 1. The 6 will rally the fleeing horse, and I reroll the 3s in the hope of getting attack orders, but receive two more 3s.
I give the 5 to the pinned horse, which attack the Parliamentarian pikes, needing 7+ thanks to support from two units of muskets, and that is exactly what I roll, demoralising the pikes.
My fleeing horse duly rally, and the other units advance, being careful to stay out of musket range.
I am very conscious of running out of time
The right-flank Parliamentarian muskets fire at my nearest horse, needing 8+ thanks to support from another unit of muskets, but roll 6.
The left-flank muskets stay still, but the remaining muskets also fire at the nearest horse, also needing 8+, but roll 7.
The demoralised pikes rally - Sir Thomas Fairfax seems remarkably good at rallying his men - and the other pikes advance to directly behind them.
Three turns to go - it looks a tough ask

No comments:

Post a Comment