Saturday, March 11, 2023

Seacroft Moor Play-Through: Turn Four

Situation at the end of turn three
My seven dice give a 5, a 4, four 3s and a 2. I allocate the 5 to the right-flank muskets, and give move orders to all the other units, apart from the pikes.
I start by sending the horse in front of the muskets to charge the Parliamentarian horse, requiring 4+ thanks to support from the muskets and the rest of the horse, all of whom could charge the same enemy unit. I roll 7, demoralising the Parliamentarians and forcing them to flee to the edge of the battlefield.
The muskets unfortunately no longer have a target - I should have shot with them first - but I send the horse in the trees to charge the nearest Parliamentarian muskets, requiring 4+ thanks to support from two cavalry units. I roll 5, demoralising the musketeers and forcing them to flee to the edge of the battlefield.
I then charge the left-flank Parliamentarian pikes, needing 7+ thanks to two units of support, and that is exactly what I roll, demoralising the pikes.
My remaining units advance, obliquely to the right.
The Parliamentarian left flank is in danger of collapsing
The AI fails to rally its horse, which promptly flee the battlefield.
The forward musketeers fire at the nearest cavalry, requiring 8+ thanks to support from pikes, but roll 5.
The furthest-right muskets fire at my furthest-forward horse, needing 8+ thanks to support from another unit of muskets. They roll 9, demoralising my horse and forcing them to flee a hex.
The undemoralised muskets in trees fire at my furthest-left horse, needing 7+ thanks to support from pikes and from muskets, which have moved from the right. They roll 8, again demoralising my horse and forcing them to flee a hex.
The demoralised muskets fail to rally and so exit the battlefield.
The undemoralised pikes charge my furthest-forward horse, needing 4+ thanks to support from three units of muskets. They roll 11, and my horse flee the battlefield.
The demoralised pikes fail to rally, fleeing to the edge of the battlefield.
The Royalist cause has suffered a significant setback, perhaps the result of me advancing precipitately

No comments:

Post a Comment