Sunday, March 05, 2023

Hopton Heath Play-Through: Turn Seven

Situation at the end of turn six
My five dice - I lost a unit last turn - give me a 5, two 4s, a 3 and a 2. I reroll the 4s, getting a 3 and a 2.
The fleeing pikes get the useless 5, but first I advance the muskets before letting the pikes flee two hexes.
My further forward horse charge the bodyguard muskets, needing 6+, increased by one because the muskets are in a wood, but reduced by one thanks to support from the other Parliamentarian horse. I roll 7, demoralising the muskets and making them flee the battlefield.
My other horse charge the Royalist horse, needing 8+, reduced by two thanks to support from cavalry and muskets, but I roll a miserable 2.
The earl's situation is desperate
The forward artillery score another hit on my pikes, destroying them, but the other cannon unit misses its shot.
The Royalist cavalry roll 7, just one short of what is needed to hit the nearer Parliamentarian cavalry.
The remaining muskets and pikes advance to their left, but will they be in time to save the earl?
The Parliamentarian horse have a good sight of their quarry

No comments:

Post a Comment