Thursday, March 09, 2023

Seacroft Moor Play-Through: Turn Two

Situation at the end of turn one
My seven dice give me two 6s, a 5, a 4, a 3 and two 1s. I reroll the 6s, but get a 6 and a 5.
I allocate the 6 to the horse in the trees, and give move orders to the rest of my cavalry.
The rear of the two right-flank horse units charges the left-flank Parliamentarian horse, requiring 7+ thanks to support from the horse in the trees, and roll exactly 7, demoralising the enemy, but leaving them in position to be charged again, which they are with deadly effect.
My left-flank cavalry units attack the Parliamentarian right-flank horse, similarly requiring 7+, but this time the first charge sees a roll of 9, demoralising the enemy and forcing them to flee two hexes, so out of range of another charge.
A promising start for the Royalists
The AI successfully rallies its fleeing cavalry, and generally gets its troops - apart from one unit of muskets - into a coherent line.
The Parliamentarians look well-prepared, despite their early setback

No comments:

Post a Comment