Sunday, March 12, 2023

Seacroft Moor Play-Through: Turn Five

Situation at the end of turn four
My six dice - I lost a unit last turn - give me a 6, a 4, two 3s, a 2 and a 1. I reroll the 3s, hoping for another 6, but get a 4 and a 2.
The 6 will rally the horse more in danger of fleeing the battlefield. The right-flank muskets get a 4, and the other, useless, 4 goes to the unrallyable horse, giving the remaining units move orders.
I first advance the left-flank muskets so they are within range of the forward Parliamentarian pikes, and I similarly advance my pikes.
Then I shoot at the enemy pikes with my other muskets, needing 4+ thanks to support from muskets, pikes and two units of horse. I roll 5, demoralising the Parliamentarians and forcing them back a hex.
I leave my unmoved horse where they are, so they do not move within range of enemy muskets.
There is a sizable no-man's land between the two armies
The two furthest-right Parliamentarian musket units advance, and then the left-flank muskets fire at my pikes, needing 7+ thanks to support from one unit of muskets. They roll 9, demoralising my pikes and forcing them, thanks to friendly cavalry in the way, to the edge of the battlefield.
The muskets in the trees remain stationary, but both pike units rally.
I am in danger of seeing a third of my remaining army flee the battlefield in the next half-turn

No comments:

Post a Comment