Saturday, March 04, 2023

Hopton Heath Play-Through: Turn Six

Situation at the end of turn five
My six dice give me two 6s, a 4, a 3 and two 1s. I use one 6 to rally the fleeing pikes and give move orders to all the rest, except for the other pikes, my thinking being the muskets may be able to give useful supporting fire before time runs out.
I move my cavalry closer to the bodyguard muskets, ready to attack next turn.
Crunch time is fast approaching
The Royalist cannon suddenly find their range, demoralising both my pike units, the righthand one of which flees the battlefield.
The cavalry advance to support the bodyguard muskets.
The right-flank muskets fail to hit my remaining pikes, while the bodyguard muskets shoot at my further back horse, needing 9+, reduced by one thanks to the Royalist horse, but roll 6.
The Royalist pikes again stand still.
A crucial turn is upcoming

No comments:

Post a Comment