Saturday, March 25, 2023

Sourton Down Play-Through: Turn Seven

Situation at the end of turn six
My five dice give me 6, two 4s, 2 and 1. I reroll the 4s in the hope of getting a move order (1-2-3) and an attack order (4-5-6), and do indeed get 3 and 6.
I allocate 6s to the musket units, and move orders to the rest.
Both horse units advance, and then I charge with my pikes against the Royalist pikes in front of them, needing 8+, reduced by three thanks to support from two units of horse and one of muskets.
I roll 7, demoralising the enemy pikes and forcing them to the edge of the battlefield.
My lefthand muskets fire at the pikes nearest them, needing 8+, reduced by two thanks to support from muskets and horse, and reduced by a further one thanks to being on higher ground.
I roll 11, forcing the pikes from the battlefield.
Royalists are being forced back, but it is surely too little, too late
The righthand artillery roll a miserable 2, but the other cannon unit rolls exactly the 8 needed to demoralise my further-forward muskets.
The further-back Royalist muskets advance, but only one of the two demoralised pike units rallies before fleeing the battlefield. The other pike unit advances.
There is a glimmer of hope for the Parliamentarians as, in the confusion of being ambushed, the Royalist pikes have left their musketeer comrades in vulnerable positions

No comments:

Post a Comment