Thursday, July 13, 2023

Battle of Roliça - Allied Playthrough: Turn Three

Situation at the end of turn two, with the thin red line advancing against the massed bluecoats
I roll two 5s and 1. I reroll one 5 and the 1, getting 3 and another 1, meaning I can activate only my cavalry, my commander and the infantry in area 3.
I advance my right-flank cavalry two hexes and move my left-flank cavalry two hexes to their right (I hope to get around the French left flank).
Then I move the area-3 infantry behind trees, and move Wellesley two hexes to his right, keeping him out of range of the French.
My outflanking manoeuvre is underway
The French roll 5, two 3s and 2. One 3 is rerolled, but the result is another 3. 
The infantry on high ground in area 2 roll a 4, meaning they remain on the hill. General Delaborde wants to move so as to be adjacent to more friendly units, but that is not possible, so he remains where he is. The rearward infantry in area 2 roll a 1, meaning they should move nearer the objective if it is vacant, but it is not, so they also do not move.
The furthest-forward infantry in area 3 fire at my infantry behind the trees. Their four dice are increased by one thanks to being on higher ground, but reduced by one because they are shooting through trees. They roll 5, two 4s and 2. My unit is reduced to a strength of two and falls back two hexes. The other infantry on high ground in area 3 roll a 3, meaning they stay on the hill. The infantry in the objective hex roll a 5 but cannot, as instructed, move straight down.
There are no French units in area 5, so the AI's turn ends.
The French position looks solid, but Delaborde will surely want to get his artillery into action asap

No comments:

Post a Comment