Wednesday, July 05, 2023

First Newbury Play-Through: Turn Six

Situation at the end of turn five
My four dice give two 4s and two 3s. I give the attack-dice to the pikes, which I do not intend to move, and to the left-flank muskets, and the move-dice to the other two units.
First I fire at the foremost Royalist pikes, needing 8+, reduced to 7+ by support from cavalry, but I roll 5.
Then I move the horse two hexes obliquely right, and the right-flank muskets one hex obliquely left.
My plan, desperate though it may be, is to rush the foot to the left flank, and hope the horse can sneak through the Royalist lines on the other side of the battlefield.
The artillery fire at my left-flank muskets, needing 8+, but roll 6.
The Royalist horse advance two hexes, all the Royalist musket units also advance, as do the foremost Royalist pikes.
The Royalist advance looks almost unstoppable, but there is a glimmer of hope for the Parliamentarian cause in that the Royalists are mostly concentrated on their right flank

No comments:

Post a Comment