Sunday, July 16, 2023

Battle of Roliça - Allied Playthrough: Turn Six

Situation at the end of turn five
My three dice are two 5s and 1. I reroll the 1 and a 5, getting 3 and 2.
I start by advancing my right-flank cavalry two hexes forward, and do the same for Wellesley. Then I advance the right-flank infantry and fire at the French one-strength infantry. My four dice are increased by one thanks to being next to Wellesley, but reduced by one because they are firing after moving. I roll two 5s, 2 and 1, eliminating the French unit.
In area 2 I advance the cavalry obliquely forward two hexes to their right. The artillery fire at the two-strength French infantry on the hill. The three dice are all 5s, eliminating the enemy unit. The infantry advance and fire at the French infantry on the hill in front of them. However their four dice are reduced by two thanks to firing from a river hex and through trees. I roll 5 and 3, reducing the French to a two-strength unit.
My flank attack looks promising
The French roll 4, 3 and two 2s. One 2 is rerolled, but becomes a 3.
The infantry in area 2 fire at my infantry in the river hex. Since the French are a two-strength unit, they get three dice, increased by one through being on higher ground and another one thanks to being next to General Delaborde, but reduced by one for firing through trees. The dice result in 4, 3 and two 1s, forcing my unit to retreat a hex. Delaborde remains in position, while the area-3 infantry on the hill roll 3, meaning they also stand still. The infantry in the objective hex roll 1, and so also do not move.
The battle is still in the balance

No comments:

Post a Comment