Tuesday, July 04, 2023

First Newbury Play-Through: Turn Five

Situation at the end of turn four
My six dice give me two 6s, two 3s, 2 and 1.
Dice allocated
First I rally the demoralised pikes, then I advance the left-flank muskets into the trees ahead of them.
My central muskets fire at the pikes ahead of them, needing 8+, reduced to 7+ thanks to support from the left-flank muskets, but roll 5.
With the right-flank of the battlefield looking well-blocked by Royalists, I move my remaining units to their left.
Rightly or wrongly, I am starting to get desperate
The artillery fire at my pikes in their line-of-sight, needing 8+, reduced to 6+ thanks to support from a unit of muskets and a unit of pikes, and they roll 10, sending my unit fleeing from the battlefield.
The Royalist horse advance towards my muskets in trees.
The right-flank Royalist muskets fire at the muskets in trees, needing 8+, reduced to 6+ thanks to support from another unit of muskets and a unit of pikes, but up to 7+ thanks to the trees, only to roll 4.
The central muskets fire at the same target, also needing 7+, but also roll 4.
The left-flank muskets advance.
The foremost Royalist pikes charge my muskets in the trees, needing 7+, increased to 8+ by the trees but reduced to 6+ thanks to support from two units of muskets, rolling 11, forcing my muskets from the battlefield.
The other undemoralised pikes advance, but the demoralised ones fail to rally and so flee the battlefield.
Halfway through the 10 turns, and no Parliamentarian unit is more than two hexes from the bottom of the map 

No comments:

Post a Comment