Thursday, July 06, 2023

First Newbury Play-Through: Turn Seven

Situation at the end of turn six
My four dice give me 4, two 3s and 1. I reroll the 3s and get two 6s.
I give the move-die to the horse, and the attack-dice to the other units.
First I use the right-flank muskets to fire at the left-flank Royalist muskets, needing 8+, reduced to 7+ thanks to support from cavalry, hoping to clear a path for the said cavalry to advance, but I roll 3.
My other muskets fire at the Royalist horse, needing 8+, reduced to 6+ thanks to support from muskets and horse. I roll 7, demoralising the Royalists and forcing them back a hex.
My horse advance up the right of the map, and that ends my turn as the pikes cannot perform an attack.
The Royalist left-flank is undoubtedly the weakest part of their army
The artillery fire at my left-flank muskets, needing 8+, reduced to 7+ thanks to support from muskets, and they roll 8, demoralising my men and sending them fleeing to the edge of the battlefield.
The Royalist horse fail to roll the 5 or 6 necessary to rally, and so flee two more hexes.
The left-flank Royalist muskets fire at my horse, needing 9+, but roll 5. The other two Royalist musket units move towards my horse.
The foremost Royalist pikes charge my pikes, needing 8+, reduced to 7+ thanks to musket support, but roll 3. The remaining pikes move forward obliquely to their right.
There is still hope for the Parliamentarians, but not much

No comments:

Post a Comment