Saturday, July 15, 2023

Battle of Roliça - Allied Playthrough: Turn Five

Situation at the end of turn four
My three dice are 4, 3 and 1. I reroll the 3 and 1, getting another 4 and another 1.
All I can do is activate my units in area 4, and I start by advancing the three-strength infantry, who then fire at the nearest French on the hill. My four dice are reduced by one for firing through trees and another one for firing after moving. I roll two 5s, reducing the French to a one-strength unit. Then I advance my two-strength infantry and fire at the same French unit. Two-strength infantry firing at infantry get three dice, reduced by one thanks to firing through trees and one more for firing after moving, and I roll a 1.
I need to get my left-flank moving
The AI's four dice are 6, 4 and two 1s. The rerolled 6 and duplicate 1 give two 2s, so French units in areas 1 and 2 will be activated.
The French cavalry roll 2, meaning they do not move. The artillery roll 6, meaning they move forward a hex.
The infantry on high ground in area 2 roll a 2, remaining where they are as the objective hex, to which they would otherwise move, is not vacant. General Delaborde also remains where he is as he cannot move adjacent to more friendly units than he is already beside. The two-strength infantry roll 3, advancing onto the hill.
Halfway through the 10 turns, and I find it hard to judge which side has the advantage

No comments:

Post a Comment