Monday, July 24, 2023

Battle Of Roliça - French Playthrough: Turn Three

Situation at the end of turn two
My three dice are two 5s and 4. I reroll the 5s, but get two more 5s.
I can only activate my units in area 4, so I advance the infantry onto the ridge and send the cavalry two hexes obliquely back to their left.
The AI's four dice are 6, 3, 2 and 1. The 6 is rerolled, but becomes 3.
The three-strength cavalry in area 1 roll 2. They want to head for the objective, and so climb onto the ridge, where they attack my left-flank infantry. Their six dice are two 6s, 5, 4, 2 and 1, eliminating my unit. Both infantry units in area 1 advance a hex.
The one-strength cavalry roll 1, and so do not move. The artillery roll 6 and so advance a hex.
The infantry in area 3 fire at my artillery, getting three dice. They roll 4, 3 and 1, but my artillery do not fall back a hex as being adjacent to the commander nullifies that.
The ridge has proved to be anything but a fortress

No comments:

Post a Comment