Friday, July 28, 2023

Battle Of Roliça - French Playthrough: Turn Seven

Situation at the end of turn six
My three dice are all 3s. I reroll two of them, but get a 5 and another 3.
I can only activate my artillery. They can fire at a one-strength infantry at short range (one-to-three hexes) or a three-strength infantry at long range (four-to-six hexes). I decide to go for the surer kill. My three dice are increased by one for being on higher ground, and I roll 6 and three 2s, eliminating the one-strength infantry.
The AI rolls 5, two 3s and 1. The 3 is rerolled as a 4.
The forward infantry in area 1 attack my cavalry. Their two dice (the unit is one-strength) are 3 and 2. The other infantry in area 1 fire at my cavalry. Their two dice are 6s, reducing my unit to one-strength.
The one-strength cavalry in area 4 attack my infantry on the ridge. Their four dice are three 3s and 1. The infantry in area 4 advance one square obliquely right, putting them behind trees as they cross the river. Wellesley advances to stay in touch with the infantry.
Both infantry units in area 5 advance a hex.
Crunch time is approaching on the French right flank, while the left also looks none-too-strong

No comments:

Post a Comment