Sunday, July 09, 2023

Summing Up My Play-Through Of The First Battle Of Newbury

I STILL think my plan of concentrating most of the army on one flank, while hoping to sneak through on the other, is a good one.
But I suspect my execution of the plan left a lot to be desired.
Perhaps I should have put all my cavalry on the weak right flank, and all my foot on the strong left flank, and held the former back for a turn or two, the idea being to hope the Royalists would be sucked away from the horse.
At one point in the game I seriously considered ceding early as I could see no way of recovering from early losses, and I was failing to inflict much damage on the enemy.
But then came a ray of hope that grew into me getting a unit of cavalry to the very top of the map, only for that hope to be extinguished when the cavalry were pinned by Royalist cavalry.
The AI now leads our series 5-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment