Friday, July 14, 2023

Battle of Roliça - Allied Playthrough: Turn Four

Situation at the end of turn three
My three dice are 5, 4 and 1. I reroll the 1, getting a 3, meaning I will be able to activate all my right-flank units.
First I advance the area-5 cavalry straight forward a hex and then obliquely forward to their right, keeping out of range of the French infantry.
Then I move my three right-flank infantry units obliquely forward to their right, and Wellesley in the same direction, but by two hexes (technically I should have moved all the area-4 units before moving the area-3 infantry, but in this case it did not make a difference).
The outflanking manoeuvre continues
The AI's dice are two 6s, 5 and 4. The 6s are rerolled, giving 5 and 3, meaning the AI can only activate the three infantry units in area 3.
The furthest-forward infantry roll 1, meaning they stand still as the objective hex is not vacant (and anyway they could not move nearer to it). The other area-3 infantry on high ground also roll 1, with the same result, and this happens again for the infantry in the objective hex.
That ends the AI's turn, which has not resulted in any changes to the battlefield.

No comments:

Post a Comment