Friday, July 07, 2023

First Newbury Play-Through: Turn Eight

Situation at the end of turn seven
My four dice give me 6, two 5s and 3.
I use the 6 to rally the demoralised muskets, and one of the 5s to attack the foremost Royalist pikes, needing 7+ thanks to support from the rallied muskets, which is exactly what I roll.
With the other 5 I get my right-flank muskets to fire at the left-flank Royalist muskets, needing 7+ thanks to support from horse, and I roll 12, demoralising the Royalists and sending them fleeing from the battlefield.
That lets my horse, using the 3, to advance two hexes, putting them within two moves of exiting the top of the map!
The feel of the battle has changed in seemingly little more than the blink of an eye
The artillery fire at my rallied muskets, needing 8+, and roll 10, forcing my men to leave the battlefield.
The Royalist horse rally on a throw of 6.
The right-flank Royalist muskets fire at my pikes, needing 8+, and roll 9, demoralising my men and sending them to the edge of the battlefield.
The other Royalist muskets have to, by the rules, fire at my muskets as being their preferred target when two enemy units are equally in range. They need 8+, but roll 5.
The demoralised pikes rally, while the other Royalist pikes move in the direction of my horse, but with no chance of catching them before the battle ends.
It is not over by any means - my horse can still be fired at by muskets or even charged by the Royalist horse

No comments:

Post a Comment