Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Battle Of Roliça - French Playthrough: Turn Four

Situation at the end of turn three
My three dice are two 5s and 2. I reroll the 5s and get 4 and 1.
My one-strength cavalry attack the allied cavalry on the ridge, getting two dice. They are both 5s, meaning the enemy is reduced to one-strength.
My infantry in area 4 advance obliquely left and fire at the infantry ahead of them (the cavalry by the trees are not within the unit's arc of fire). Their four dice are reduced to three thanks to firing after moving, and I roll 6, 2 and 1, reducing the enemy unit to two-strength.
The objective hex is well-protected by French units, but for how long?
The AI's four dice are two 5s, 3 and 2. One 5 is rerolled and becomes 1. This means the AI will activate every unit except the two in area 4.
The infantry in area 1 roll 5 and 6, meaning they both advance a hex. The further-forward unit wants to shoot at Delaborde, but intervening high ground blocks their line of sight (my artillery are not within their firing arc).
The cavalry on the ridge attack my one-strength cavalry, their two dice being increased by one thanks to being on higher ground. They roll 5, 4 and 2, eliminating my unit. The other allied cavalry roll 4, meaning they advance downwards one hex and then obliquely right onto the ridge, attacking Delaborde. Their two dice are 4 and 3, forcing my commander back a hex. The artillery roll 3 but cannot move obliquely down as that would not put them in range of an enemy unit.
The two-strength infantry in area 3 fire at my infantry on the low ground, rolling 3 and two 1s.
Both cavalry units in area 5 roll 3, meaning they move two hexes obliquely forward. The infantry roll 6 and 2, both advancing a hex.
Wellesley has at last got his lefthand column moving

No comments:

Post a Comment