Sunday, July 02, 2023

First Newbury Play-Through: Turn Three

Situation at the end of turn two
My seven dice give me four 4s, two 3s and 2. I reroll the 4s, getting three 6s and 3.
Dice allocated
After rallying the demoralised muskets, I advance the left-flank horse, and then attack the right-flank Royalist horse with the pikes adjacent to them.
Pikes attacking horse need 7+, reduced to 4+ thanks to the support of two units of muskets and one of horse, but increased to 5+ as the horse are in trees. I roll 7, demoralising the horse and sending them back two hexes.
My right-flank horse charge the Royalist horse near them, needing 8+, reduced to 6+ thanks to support from two units of muskets, but I roll 5.
My rearmost muskets fire at the same Royalist horse, needing 9+, reduced to 7+ thanks to support from muskets and horse, and I roll 8, demoralising the Royalists and forcing them back a hex.
My right-flank muskets and rearmost pikes advance.
The Royalist advance units have been forced back
The artillery fire at my left-flank horse, needing 9+, increased to 10+ thanks to firing through trees. They roll 11, which results in my horse fleeing the battlefield.
Neither Royalist horse unit rallies, so they flee two hexes.
Only one of the musketeer units, the furthest back, advances.
The two furthest-forward of the pike units advance, heading for the remaining Parliamentarian cavalry.
Losing half of the Earl of Essex's horse is a big blow for my Parliamentarians

No comments:

Post a Comment