Friday, July 21, 2023

Summing Up My Allied Playthrough Of Roliça

I LOST, but I had a blast.
It was particularly interesting how the AI copied the real General Delaborde's tactics of defending the high ground.
There is no doubt the rules are a huge step forward over those in Mike Lambo's English Civil War book.
I very much enjoyed fighting battles from that book, but Battles Of Napoleonic Europe is on a whole new level.
There is no way the ECW battles could be thought of as simulations - the Napoleonic ones certainly could.
The one cloud on the horizon is that so far I have refought the first scenario in the Napoleonic book, and if later refights become more difficult, as they do in the ECW book, my quantity of fun will quickly diminish.
Only the future will determine that; for the moment I am very satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment