Monday, October 02, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - Allied Playthrough: Turn Three

Situation after turn two
My activation dice are 5 and two 4s. I reroll the 5 and a 4, getting another 5 and 1.
My left-flank infantry advance and fire at the cavalry in the river. My three dice are increased for being on higher ground, but decreased for firing after moving. I roll 6, 3 and 2, reducing the cavalry to two-strength.
The infantry in area 4 climb onto higher ground, as do the cavalry.
My men have reached the hill beside Vimeiro, but will have trouble holding it, never mind capturing the village
The AI's activation dice land 5, 3, 2 and 1.
The right-flank French infantry occupy Maceira and fire at my left-flank infantry. Their four dice are reduced for firing after moving, resulting in 6, 4 and 1, reducing my unit to two-strength and forcing it back a hex.
The cavalry in the river attack my artillery, their three dice being reduced for attacking from a river. They roll 6 and 2, reducing my unit to one-strength. The infantry in area 2 roll 2, but they cannot follow the instruction of moving closer to Vimeiro.
The furthest-forward infantry in area 3 also roll 2, and so move next to Vimeiro, firing at the enemy infantry on the hill who are nearest the same village. Their four dice are reduced for firing after moving, but they get two 6s and 2, reducing my men to one-strength, The other infantry in area 3 roll 4 and 3, which have the same result, ie an instruction to move straight down as long as that does not involve leaving high ground, but only one unit can so advance.
The infantry in area 5 roll 3 and 5, which results in them both advancing.
Vimeiro looks likely to be occupied by French troops, making the Allied task even harder

No comments:

Post a Comment