Sunday, October 08, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - Second Allied Playthrough: Setup & Turn One

HERE I go again, and this time I am armed with what must be a better plan.
The main part of it is as before: occupy Vimeiro Hill.
But this time I hope to do it with my whole army, rather than leave part of it on the left flank.
All my units start in just two areas - the idea being to get them all moving on turn one
The French have, in addition to General Jean-Andoche Junot, eight units of infantry, two of cavalry and one of artillery.
The positions of the French infantry and artillery are fixed, while the positions of the cavalry and Junot are diced for.
The French cavalry may pose a big threat to my artillery
TURN ONE
I roll 3, 2 and 1, meaning I can activate all my units, and I do so by sending them obliquely towards Vimeiro Hill.
The AI's activation dice are two 4s, 3 and 2. One 4 is rerolled, but does not change.
The infantry in area 2 advance, while also forming into column.
The cavalry in area 3 roll 6, which only has an effect after turn five, so they stand still. The infantry, like the infantry in area 2, advance and also form into column. Junot advances obliquely to his right to be adjacent to three friendly units.
The infantry in area 4 advance, but the artillery roll 1, meaning no action.
The armies are still quite distant but a clash of arms is seemingly inevitable next turn

No comments:

Post a Comment