Monday, October 09, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - Second Allied Playthrough: Turn Two

Situation after turn one
My activation dice are two 4s and 2. I reroll one 4, but get another 2.
My artillery fire at the infantry opposite them. The three dice land 6, 4 and 1, meaning the French unit is reduced to two-strength and falls back a hex.
The cavalry and infantry in area 4 advance.
My cavalry may look vulnerable but they are away from the edge of the hill, so the French will not have line-of-sight this turn
The AI's activation dice are 6, two 5s and 4. The 6 and a 5 are rerolled, giving two 2s.
The two-strength infantry in area 3 advance obliquely to their left, blocking the three-strength unit from advancing as the latter's die-roll of 6 means they had to try to move nearer to my cavalry.
The infantry in area 4 advance (note that in this scenario the AI's infantry only form square if in the village of Vimeiro and within three hexes of Allied cavalry). The French artillery roll 2, which again means no action.
Both infantry units in area 5 advance.
If I get the chance, should I charge with my cavalry, or will that expose them too much to counterattacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment