Sunday, October 15, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - Second Allied Playthrough: Turn Eight

Situation after turn seven
My activation dice all show 3. I reroll two of them, getting 5 and 2.
My artillery fire at the infantry directly ahead of them. Their three dice are increased by one for being on higher ground and by two for firing at short range, and I roll 6, 5, three 3s and 2, reducing the French unit to one-strength.
My left-flank infantry fire at the French directly ahead of them, and I roll two 6s, 5 and 4, eliminating the French unit.
Sir Arthur Wellesley advances one hex so that when my cavalry obliquely advance to attack the French infantry near them, he can give support. The cavalry's four dice are increased by his support and by my unit being on higher ground, but I roll 3, four 2s and 1, continuing my miserable throwing when enjoying an abundance of dice.
A decent half-turn from the Allied perspective, but it could have been so much better
The AI gets two 6s, 3 and 1. The 6s are rerolled, but land 6 and 3.
The AI can only activate its cavalry, but a roll of 1 has no effect as there is no enemy within three hexes.
So, after all, my dice-throwing this turn seems almost inspired when compared with the AI's.

No comments:

Post a Comment