Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Marston Moor Playthrough: Turn Five

Situation after turn four
My six dice give me 5, 4, two 3s and two 1s. I allocate attack-dice to the horse and further-forward muskets, and move-dice to the other units.
I start by advancing the pikes and backward muskets, and move both left-flank cavalry units one hex obliquely forward to their right.
My right-flank horse attack the Parliamentarian horse, needing 8+, reduced to 4+ thanks to support from two units of muskets, one of pikes and one of horse (remember, there are no restrictions in this game on firing through friendly-occupied hexes). I roll 7, demoralising the enemy and forcing them to flee to the edge of the battlefield.
The Parliamentarian right-flank artillery again move a hex to their left. The other cannon unit fires at my muskets in its line-of-sight, needing 8+, reduced to 7+ thanks to being on higher ground, and rolls 9, sending my unit off the battlefield.
The Parliamentarian horse fail to rally and so also leave the battlefield.
Two Parliamentarian musket units advance, and the left-flank pikes charge my cavalry in the trees, needing 7+, reduced by one thanks to support from muskets, but increased by one thanks to the target being in trees. They roll 8, demoralising my horse and making them flee to the edge of the battlefield.
The right-flank Parliamentarian pikes advance, but the central pikes hold steady.
The Royalist cause is surely hopeless, but I will give it another turn

No comments:

Post a Comment