Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - Second Allied Playthrough: Turn 10

Situation after turn nine
My activation dice give me 4 and two 3s. I reroll both 3s (the infantry in area 3 can no longer affect the battle's outcome), and get 5 and another 3.
I advance the infantry in area 3.
I also advance the infantry in Vimeiro, who then fire at the artillery, their two dice being decreased for firing after moving. I roll 4, which forces the artillery back obliquely to their left as that hex is in range and line-of-sight of an Allied unit. Sir Arthur Wellesey enters Vimeiro and then moves obliquely right.
My infantry on Vimeiro Hill occupy the village, and the cavalry advance directly ahead two hexes, and then charge the infantry on their front-right, rolling three 4s and 1, which forces the French unit from the battlefield.
There is no way the French can expel my men from Vimeiro this turn, and so I declare an Anglo-Portuguese victory

No comments:

Post a Comment