Saturday, October 21, 2023

Marston Moor Playthrough: Turn Two

Situation after turn one
My seven dice give me four 6s, 5, 4, and 2; in other words, only one move-die, which is all I can use right now. I reroll the 6s, getting two more 6s, 4 and 2.
I decide to play aggressively, and start by charging the left-flank Parliamentarian horse, needing 8+, but roll 4.
With my other move-die I get the left-flank horse to move two hexes to their right.
The right-flank Parliamentarian artillery move left a hex to get closer to being on the same file of hexes as Royalists.
The rearward Parliamentarian artillery fire at my pikes in their line-of-sight, needing 8+, reduced by one for being on higher ground. The roll is 7, so my pikes are demoralised.
The left-flank Parliamentarian horse attack my horse opposite them, needing 8+, and roll 9, demoralising my men and sending them fleeing a hex into the cover of trees.
The other Parliamentarian horse rush towards my left-flank cavalry.
Having stood still last turn, all three Parliamentarian musket units advance,
Of the Parliamentarian pikes, only the left-flank ones move, placing themselves behind friendly horse.
No units have been lost, but I have two retreating

No comments:

Post a Comment