Saturday, October 14, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - Second Allied Playthrough: Turn Seven

Situation after turn six
My activation dice are 6 and two 1s. I reroll the 1s, getting two 5s, and I turn the wildcard 6 into 4.
My cavalry attack the infantry in front of them. Their four dice are increased through being on higher ground and for being adjacent to Sir Arthur Wellesley. I roll two 6s, two 4s, 3 and 1, reducing the French to one-strength and sending them back two hexes. Wellesley falls back a hex to make him less vulnerable.
My right-flank infantry ascend Vimeiro Hill and fire at the cavalry in the village. Their three dice are increased for being on higher ground and for being next to the commander, but decreased for firing after moving and for the target being in cover. I roll two 5s and 3, eliminating the French unit. My other infantry in area 4 advance.
The French could do with their right-flank getting into the action
The AI's activation dice are 6, two 2s and 1. The 6 and a 2 are rerolled, giving 3 and another 2, meaning only three French units can be activated.
The cavalry roll 1, which only has an effect if the enemy are within three hexes.
The infantry in area 2 roll 6. They move obliquely left and fire at my artillery (a target preferred over infantry). Their three dice are reduced for firing after moving, and they get two 3s.
The infantry in area 3 also roll 6. They leave the high ground and fire at my infantry beside Vimeiro. Their two dice are reduced for firing after moving, but they roll 6, reducing my unit to two-strength.
I may be able to capture Vimeiro next turn, but I need to be holding it at the end of turn 10 to win the battle

No comments:

Post a Comment