Thursday, October 05, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - Allied Playthrough: Turn Six

Situation after turn five
My activation dice are 4, 3 and 2. I reroll the 4, but get another 3.
My infantry in the river advance obliquely right and fire at the one-strength French infantry. My two dice are decreased for firing after moving, and I roll 4, forcing the French obliquely backwards.
My infantry in area 2 advance obliquely right and fire at the two-strength French cavalry. My two dice are increased for being on higher ground, but decreased for firing after moving. I roll 5 and 2, reducing the French to one-strength.
General Junot's only problem, and it is a nice one to have, is that he commands so many units they have a tendency to get in each other's way
The AI's activation dice land two 6s, 3 and 2. The 6s are rerolled, but become two 3s.
The cavalry in area 2 roll 6, which, because this is after turn five, means the unit heads nearer to Vimeiro, and its route, partly decided by tiebreak, is to go obliquely backwards. The infantry in area 2 advance and fire at the Allied infantry opposite them. Their four dice are reduced for firing after moving, and they roll 4, 2 and 1, forcing my unit back a hex.
The one-strength infantry in area 3 advance and fire at my one-strength infantry. Their two dice are reduced for firing after moving, and they roll 4, forcing my unit back a hex. The other infantry in area 3 roll 2, which only has an effect if Vimeiro is vacant.
It feels to me as if the impetus of the battle has slowed, but the French remain well on top

No comments:

Post a Comment