Thursday, October 26, 2023

Marston Moor Playthrough: Turn Seven

Situation after turn six
My five dice give me 3, 2 and three 1s. I reroll the 1s, getting 4, 2 and 1.
I allocate the useless attack-die to the demoralised horse, who cannot be saved, and the move-dice to the other units.
After the fleeing horse leave the battlefield, I move the pikes and the right-flank horse one hex forward, so both are within attacking range of the nearest enemy.
Then I move my muskets obliquely forward to their left, and charge the nearest Parliamentarian muskets with my other horse, needing 6+, reduced to 3+ thanks to support from the rest of the army. I roll 8, forcing the enemy muskets from the battlefield.
At least the artillery cannot fire at my units this turn
The forward artillery move to their right, which means the other artillery have to stand still.
The forward Parliamentarian muskets fire at my left-flank horse, needing 9+, reduced to 7+ thanks to support from more muskets and from artillery, and roll exactly 7, demoralising my men.
The other Parliamentarian muskets fire at the same target, but only need 6+ as the cavalry are demoralised. The roll is exactly 6, eliminating my men as demoralised units are always destroyed if suffering a second hit.
Both Parliamentarian pike units advance.
With all hope gone, I concede

No comments:

Post a Comment