Monday, October 23, 2023

Marston Moor Playthrough: Turn Four

Situation after turn three
My six dice (I have lost a unit) give me 5, 3, two 2s and two 1s. I reroll the 1s in the hope of getting an attack-die, and a move-die if possible, and get exactly that in the shape of 5 and 1.
I give the attack-dice to the right-flank horse and right-flank muskets.
The other units get move-dice, and I use them to get all my troops out of firing range of the enemy.
I then use my right-flank horse to attack the remaining Parliamentarian horse, needing 8+, reduced by one thanks to support from muskets, but I roll 6.
The forward muskets shoot at the same target, needing 9+, reduced by one thanks to cavalry support, but again I roll 6.
I have done a reasonable job of presenting enemy artillery with few targets, but otherwise the Royalists do not look in good shape
The artillery again move to their left.
The Parliamentarian horse attack my horse in the trees, needing 8+, increased to 9+ thanks to the cover, but roll 7.
Two of the Parliamentarian musket units advance, as do all the but the right-flank pikes.
The mass of the Parliamentarian army is slowly advancing

No comments:

Post a Comment