Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Marston Moor Playthrough: Turn Six

Situation after turn five
My five dice give me 6, 5, two 3s and 1.
I use the 6 to rally the demoralised horse, and allocate the 5 to the muskets, with the other units getting move-dice.
I first advance my backward left-flank horse so they are within attacking range of the forward Parliamentarian pikes. Then I fire at the pikes with my muskets, needing 8+, reduced to 4+ thanks to support from the rest of the Royalist army, and I roll 9, sending the enemy off the battlefield.
I advance my pikes into the trees, and the move my central horse one square obliquely forward to their right.
My successes have been too few and too late
Parliamentarian artillery fire at my left-flank horse, needing 9+, reduced to 7+ thanks to support from two units of muskets, and roll 8, demoralising my unit and causing it to flee to the edge of the battlefield. The other artillery move another hex to their left.
The forward Parliamentarian muskets fire at my pikes, needing 8+, increased to 9+ thanks to my men being among trees, rolling 7.
The other musketeers stand still, as do the Parliamentarian pikes.
The AI has successfully countered my right-flank attacking plan

No comments:

Post a Comment