Sunday, October 01, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - Allied Playthrough: Turn Two

Situation at the end of turn one
My activation dice are 4, 3 and 2, which I decide to keep.
I start by advancing my artillery to the edge of the hill. That puts the French left-flank cavalry within line of sight, but artillery cannot fire in the same turn they move. Sir Arthur Wellesley advances directly forward a hex, and then obliquely forward.
My furthest-forward infantry advance a hex and fire at the left-flank cavalry. My three dice are increased for being next to the commander, but decreased for firing after moving. I roll 4, 3 and 2, forcing the French back a hex.
The infantry in area 4 advance a hex each.
The Anglo-Portuguese advance boldly, but face a tough task 
The AI gets 6, 5, 3 and 2. The 6 is rerolled, becoming 1.
The infantry in area 1 advance.
The right-flank French cavalry roll 1, meaning they charge my artillery. Their four dice are reduced by one as they are attacking from a river hex, resulting in 3 and two 2s. The infantry in area 2 roll 2, meaning they move nearer Vimeiro.
The furthest-forward infantry in area 3 fire at my furthest-forward infantry, receiving an extra die for being on higher ground, and roll 6, 5, 4 and two 1s, reducing my unit to one-strength and forcing it back a hex. The middle infantry in area 3 advance towards Vimeiro and fire at Wellesley. Their three dice are increased for being on higher ground but reduced for firing after moving, resulting in 6,5 and 3, eliminating the allied commander. The other infantry in area 3 advance.
Both infantry units in area 5 roll 4, meaning they advance.
Not a great start for the Anglo-Portuguese

No comments:

Post a Comment