Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - Second Allied Playthrough: Turn Four

Situation after turn three
My activation dice land 4, 3 and 1. I reroll the 1, getting the 2 I wanted.
My artillery again fire at the infantry opposite them, rolling 6, 4 and 1, eliminating the French unit.
My forward infantry in area 3 fire at the cavalry opposite them. Their three dice are increased by being next to Sir Arthur Wellesley, and I roll 4, 3 and two 1s, forcing the cavalry to fall back onto higher ground (tiebreak three). The middle infantry in area 3 advance and fire at the same cavalry. Their three dice are reduced for firing after moving and for being in a river hex, and I roll 1. Wellesley advances two hexes, and the remaining infantry in area 3 advance obliquely right.
My cavalry charge the infantry by Vimeiro, their six dice being increased for being on higher ground. I roll two 6s, 5, two 4s, 3 and 1, eliminating the French unit. The infantry in area 4 climb onto Vimeiro Hill.
Vimeiro Hill is in Allied hands, but remember the victory condition is to be occupying the village at the end of turn 10
The AI's activation dice land 4, two 3s and 2. One 3 is rerolled, but comes up 3 again.
The right-flank French infantry move straight down, but the other infantry in area 2 move obliquely left to get neater Vimeiro.
The French cavalry on the central high ground gallop into Vimeiro to charge my cavalry. Their four dice are two 6s, 3 and 1, reducing my unit to one-strength. Both infantry units in area 3 roll 5, meaning they move obliquely towards my cavalry, with the front unit able to fire, but they roll 3 and two 2s. General Junot remains adjacent to three friendly units.
The infantry in front of the French artillery roll 6, meaning they move closer to my cavalry and fire. Their three dice are reduced for firing after moving, and they roll 2 and 1. The artillery roll 4, but cannot move as they would not have line-of-sight to an Allied unit because their own comrades block their view.
The next turn could be particularly bloody

No comments:

Post a Comment