Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - Second Allied Playthrough: Turn Three

Situation after turn two
My activation dice give me 5, 2 and 1. I reroll the 1, but get another 1.
My artillery fire at the infantry opposite them (the same unit they fired at last turn), rolling 6 and two 2s, reducing the French unit to one-strength.
My infantry in area 5 advance, and my cavalry charge the infantry near them, while placing themselves adjacent to Vimeiro village. Their six dice are increased for being on higher ground, but I roll an incredibly poor 3, three 2s and three 1s.
I make the odds of getting seven dice below 4 to be 127-1 against
The AI's activation dice are two 6s, 3 and 1. The 6s are rerolled, giving 5 and another 3, meaning, luckily for me, that the infantry toe-to-hoof with my cavalry cannot be activated this turn.
The cavalry in area 1 roll 6, but that only has an effect after turn 5. The infantry in area 1 roll 5, advancing obliquely to their left.
The forward infantry in area 3 roll 3, meaning they would advance straight down but only if that would not mean leaving high ground, which here it would.  The cavalry in area 2 head for my cavalry. The second unit of infantry in area 3 move nearer to Vimeiro. General Junot advances obliquely left.
The forward infantry in area 5 move towards Vimeiro, which blocks the other infantry in area 5, who would otherwise have advanced straight down.
The French seem well-placed to assault Vimeiro Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment