Friday, October 06, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - Allied Playthrough: Turn Seven

Situation after turn six
My activation dice are two 4s and 2. I reroll all three in the hope of obtaining a 5, but get the same result - two 4s and 2.
My left-flank infantry advance and fire at the nearest French infantry. My three dice are reduced for firing after moving but increased for being on higher ground. I roll 4 and two 2s, forcing the French back a hex.
My infantry in area 4 advance, but there is no point in them firing as the only target is in Vimeiro, which, together with the fact my men have moved before firing, would reduce the two dice to zero.
The AI rolls 6, 5, 4 and 1 as activation dice. The 6 is rerolled, but becomes another 5.
The infantry in area 1 do not have line-of-sight to my nearby infantry on the hill. Instead they roll 5, which means they move along the river and fire at my men. Their four dice are reduced for firing after moving and for being in a river hex. They roll 5 and 3, reducing my unit to one-strength.
The infantry Vimeiro fire at my men directly in front of them. Their four dice are increased through being next to General Junot, and they roll 6, 5, 3, 2 and 1, eliminating my unit. The other infantry in area 4 roll 3, and so ascend the hill to attack my two-strength infantry. Their four dice are increased by one for attacking at close-quarters after moving, and they roll 6, 4, 2 and two 1s, reducing my unit to one strength and sending it back a hex. Junot  falls back onto the hill to be adjacent to three French units. The cavalry in area 4 roll 3, meaning they advance two hexes. The artillery roll 2 and so remain where they are yet again - perhaps they are having trouble with their horse teams?
The infantry in area 5 fire at my infantry ahead of them. Their four dice land 6, two 5s and 3, eliminating my unit.
With the situation hopeless, I concede the battle

No comments:

Post a Comment