Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Summing Up My Second Allied Playthrough Of The Battle Of Vimeiro

WHAT a difference a decent plan makes!
My first playthrough of the scenario made the Anglo-Portuguese victory condition seem extremely difficult, if not quite impossible.
My second playthrough made the scenario look easy-peasy.
The truth almost certainly lies somewhere between the two, and I was certainly helped in the second playthrough by the AI being unable to activate most of its army in the crucial later turns.
On the other hand I had some bad luck with my dice-throwing, once managing to miss rolling a hit (a 5 or 6 is required) with six dice.
I think the two very different outcomes of the playthroughs show there is a lot of scope for good (and bad) generalship in Battles Of Napoleonic Europe.
My score against the AI has levelled at 3-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment